Tuesday 14 February 2012

Candle 45:365


Valentines Day isn't a huge event in our house- but we always exchange cards. This year I had a lovely box of choccies and this pretty candle. We've bought the Marks and Spencer Valentine Meal Deal for tonight- although I must figure out what the girls are having! Then tomorrow we're off for my challenge meal no 2! This year we're trying to eat at a different style restaurant once a month for a year. Last month was easy- Emma has a restaurant that she's happy to go to, as long as we go early, so any family celebrations are usually held there. That was Chinese! Tomorrow we booked a 'groupon' offer at a Carribean restaurant. It also does African food- so no idea what we will actually eat. Next month we've got another Groupon deal- in a Tapas restaurant. Might be scraping around for ideas around August time, mind you.


Oooh- my friends daughter has just messaged me. She wants to book her mum a ticket to go and see Dirty Dancing and wanted to find someone who would go with her. It's one of my ALL time favourite films and I know Karen loves the music. So that should be a great night out in the summer! I will pay for my ticket- but it's not something I would have booked on my own!

Dinner was delicious- will definately remember to check the Marks deals out more often! About to choose a film to watch!



Hope everyone has a great evening.

9 comments:

  1. enjoy your chocs and meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 15 years ago I made my Old Man an embroidered Valentine, and I have never bought or made him one since, it has been mounted in a simple IKEA frame and it comes out every year. He asked if I could make one for him to give to me, so I did, and we are both content. He put an orchid in the trolley when we shopped on Monday, saying "That's you sorted for Valentine's Day!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to go foe a meal deal, then ended up just making a nice roast instead. It smells good right now, but I'm still thinking a meal deal would have been a good idea..

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fortuitous to have had a candle as a gift, for todays prompt!! Enjoy your meal deal tonight & the restaurant tomorrow too! Close by here we have restaurants from a variety of cultures, so if you run out of ideas....!!! In fact tomorrow, Hubby is having lunch at a Lebanese restaurant in town with some chums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you got a candle today for Valentines day. I like the idea of eating in 1 restaurant a month and eating meals from different countries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the sound of your 'eating out' challenge! I've never eaten Caribbean food but sounds interesting! Tapas is amazing! Hope you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lovely evening kim!! ive never tried the m&s meals, but may do some time now.

    Have you thought of chimichangas, nandos or maybe greek for august??

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got given a M&S meal for two a few years ago but I ended up adding to it to feed about seven of us.. two raspberry panacottas with added fresh strawberries and value Arctic Roll.. my man reckons it's the best dessert he ever had! Good old M&S!

    ReplyDelete