Monday 30 April 2012

It's Monday- what are you reading?

I've read a few good books this week. I have a soft spot for Danielle Steel books- even though she writes using a well tried formula approach and usually has a nice happy ending! HRH had been on the bookshelf forever- which is unusual here. The princess took a year out from her responsibilities to help out in an Aids clinic in Africa. She falls in love with a doctor- but he couldn't possibly be suitable for royal life!!!! It wasn't my favourite Danielle Steel- but was a nice comfy read.

I also read a new author to me- Alex Kava. The ebook club I belong to, provided the first in the series. It follows an FBI profiler and it was a real page turner. I've already bought the next 3 in the series on kindle!

My favourite book was Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan. I totally immersed myself in the story and didn't want it to end. I loved every page - and the recipes sounded delicious. It was borrowed from the library- but think I need a copy of this one for my bookshelf! I loved it so much that I had to buy her latest one about a sweet shop before I finished- so that I had that one to look forward to!

I have nearly finished an autobiography by Pauline Quirke- an actress in the UK, who recently lost a lot of weight using Lighter Life. It is mainly an account of her weight loss- with a bit of her life history. It has been a good read even if it isn't what i was expecting.

I've had all the recipe books out this weekend to plan a few new meals. We went to a new local supermarket yesterday to buy a few different ingredients and hope to try a few new recipes this week!

3 comments:

  1. I loved Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe - one of my fave books from last year - I bought her new one the day ir came out but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something wonderful about books that include recipes, isn't there?!

    Here's my
    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
    I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An online book club? That sounds sooo cool!

    Happy reading!!
    What are YOU reading??

    ReplyDelete