Monday 2 April 2012

It's Monday- what are you reading.


"Meet Merlin. He's Lucy's bright, beautiful son - who just happens to be autistic.
Since Merlin's father left them in the lurch shortly after his diagnosis, Lucy has made Merlin the centre of her world. Struggling with the joys and tribulations of raising her eccentrically adorable yet challenging child, (if only Merlin came with operating instructions) Lucy doesn't have room for any other man in her life.
By the time Merlin turns ten, Lucy is seriously worried that the Pope might start ringing her up for tips on celibacy, so resolves to dip a poorly pedicured toe back into the world of dating. Thanks to Merlin's candour and quirkiness, things don't go quite to plan...
Then, just when Lucy's resigned to a life of singledom once more, Archie - the most imperfectly perfect man for her and her son - lands on her doorstep. But then, so does Merlin's father, begging for forgiveness and a second chance. Does Lucy need a real father for Merlin - or a real partner for herself"

Kathy Lette has a son with Aspergers and she writes with insight into the condition- but the book didn't really grab me.

This week I am reading another James Patterson book- 11th Hour. It's one of my favourite series by him and I'm really enjoying this one.

1 comment:

  1. I read an interview with Kathy Lette about this book. I've struggled with other books she has written, which is strange as I think she is one of the funniest women on the face of the planet! This book may just convince me to have another go at her stuff. You can check out my Monday here

    http://www.kyliesreads.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete