Wednesday 11 July 2012

Cold


Cold


Since we had our new fridge/freezer I've started drinking drinks with ice in. The ice cube tray has shaped ice that dissolves easily. I didn't used to add ice to anything!


Not a great photo for shiny- it looked better on the thumbnail. These are the 'temporary' birds that live in the bird house. They are Christmas tree decorations and were place in the bird house until I could find the ones I wanted. I'm still searching for the 'right' birds- so the temporary birds have a more permanent home for the moment at least.

My first thought when I saw the word of the day was to take a photo of some shiny coins. Jo took a lovely photo of some pennies- so I had another think.

It conjured up images of my dad shining coins to help Santa out filling the Christmas stocking. We ALWAYS had some shiny coins in the toe of our stocking and I still love to think of my dad looking for new coins and polishing them up every December. He's not a sentimental sort of person- but this was one of his Christmas jobs!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I think that's what blogging is nice for.. jotting down our memories which whilst they are not monumental events in the way of the world, they are special to us and in years to come they are a lovely hint at what life was like xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good photos for the prompts and I love how it took you down memory lane :)

    That ice drink looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice it is said, Kathy!
    Kim - great idea for a cold drink! And birds are gorgeous!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you manage to find the right birds soon, although I do like the temporary ones and they look like they wouldnt need much work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree. It is so nice to have this blog adventure reminding us some little but nice things about our past !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like the temporary shiny birds, they really look at home in the cage

    ReplyDelete