Sunday 6 September 2015

The Misadventures of a Playground mother- Christie Barlow



I loved this book about life in a country village and having to endure the mums at the school gate every day.
The scenes made me smile along and wonder just what else could happen!
Rachel is ambushed by Penelope and finds her planned holiday to her villa in Spain turned into a joint trip, without her even having being asked. I was so indignant for her I found myself telling my husband what Penelope was up to next..
New friendships are formed and seemingly in the unlikeliest of places at times. I loved the holiday descriptions- even though it had me bristling on their behalf!
I found I missed the first book in this series- so I will be buying that for my kindle and I’m keen to catch up on their future plans mentioned at the end of this book.
With many thanks to Bookoutre (one of my favourite publishers) and NetGalley for a copy of this book. Another 5* read for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment